The Montana Dietetic Association is seeking outstanding individuals
Would you or someone you know like to gain experience by serving on the MDA Board of Directors? This is a superb opportunity to give back to your profession and gain valuable knowledge and experience that will help shape your career. Please contact MDA if you would like to volunteer your services or wish to nominate another RD to serve on the BOD team.
Board Positions open in 2013:
- President-Elect: serves as a voting member of the BOD and oversees the planning and coordination of the annual MDA meeting. Plans projects for the presidential year and performs other duties as directed by the BOD.
- Secretary: Serves on the BOD for two years as a voting member. Maintains minutes and attendance for meetings, verifies quorums are present for voting, and maintains the bylaws. The secretary also maintains the official membership list and is responsible for maintaining appropriate addresses and contact information. Other duties may be assigned by BOD.
- Professional Issues Chair: Serves on the BOD for two years. Acts as a liaison between areas of practice-coordinating professional information to be distributed among MDA members. Encourages MDA to work as an interdisciplinary team with other professionals. Performs other duties as directed by the BOD.
- Nominating Committee (one position open): Serves on the BOD for one year and as the Chair of the Committee in the second year. This position can’t run or another MDA office while serving on this committee. Ensures that nominees meet the requirements to run for office and official ballot complies with MDA policies and procedures. Performs other duties as directed by the BOD.
- Member at Large (two positions open): Serves as voting members of the BOD. No previous board experience is required for this position. These positions may be subcommittee/task force liaisons to the BOD. Accept leadership of a working MDA Committee.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Nominate an outstanding individual/colleague who warrants to be recognized for a great job well done. Nominations are needed for the following awards:
- Recognized Dietitian of the Year (>35 yrs of age and active participation in dietetics, health & nutrition): Nominees will be show active participation in the national, state, or district association. They will have demonstrated concern for the promotion of optimal health & nutritional status of the population, and demonstrated leadership in the Association, community or employment.
- Emerging Dietetics Leader: The successful nominee will have not less than 5 years and not greater than 10 years of practice experience (interrupted careers or time periods not in practice, are not to be considered in years of practice); active participation in state, national or district associations for at least 5 years; must have not previously been selected as RYDY or RDY; demonstrated concern for the promotion of optimal health & nutritional status of the population; and has demonstrated leadership in the Association, community or employment.
- Recognized Young Dietitian (less than 35 years of age): The successful nominee must be 35 years or younger as of April 1. They must show active participation in the national, state, or district association; must have not been previously selected as an RYDY; must have demonstrated concern for the promotion of optimal health and nutritional status of the population; and must have demonstrated leadership in the Association, community or employment.
If you have questions or nominations contact: Brittney Turville, firstname.lastname@example.org