It is exciting to see Montana is part of the Kids Eat Right Crew.
Montana is 1 of 16 states currently participating in Kids Eat Right (KER) with 6 dietitians currently signed up. It would be great if that number could double by January.
As part of our membership, we are eligible to apply for a $200 grant to provide two presentations from any of the Kids Eat Right toolkits.
- There are 50 of these available, so there should be a good opportunity for several of our Montana members to get them.
- The application deadline is December 7, 2012 and
- The presentations must be complete between January 1 – February 28, 2013.
- KER will then roll out another round of these mini grants for members in the spring.
I have reviewed the presentations offered on the KER website and think they look great! I hope to get into the schools and start using them!
The KER member site has a LOT of great ideas for getting involved in child nutrition. it’s a very helpful information and idea hub.
- Many of the “toolkits” contain lesson plans on different nutrition topics for different age groups.
- There are “toolkits” for advocacy work, meeting with parents, school officials, city council member, hunger awareness and more…
- There are handouts and tips to help through any of the processes.
MDA KER team conference call results
- We are also hoping to send out monthly KER messages to our entire Montana group to encourage involvement and to add a KER link to our MDA website.
- Another idea that was proposed on the national call was to have a booth to recruit for KER volunteers at our state dietetic meeting. We can even request to “rent” their banner and one time use promotional materials.
Please sign up to be part of the Kids Eat Right group and encourage other RD’s that you work with to help Montana increase their participation.
-- Katie Borgen RD, Kids Eat Right Crew Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org