MDA State Media Representatives
Montana a is a big state and MDA has it covered.
The State Media Representatives for MDA are a committee
- Crystelle Fogle, MS, MBA, RD. Press release writer.
- Patti Snyder, LN, MS, RD
- Katie Wichman, R. Contact Katie at email@example.com
Montana Dietetic Association Recognizes Local Dietitians
The Montana Dietetic Association, a state affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, honored several of its members at the 2012 annual meeting in Kalispell. To qualify for the recognition, members must have provided leadership in the association, community, or in their jobs and promoted optimal health and nutritional status of Montanans.
• Deborah Jones, RD, Nutrition Services Director at St. Peter’s Hospital in Helena, received the Recognized Dietitian of the Year award. Ms. Jones is a past-president and Delegate of the Montana Dietetic Association. She has actively served the nutrition profession for 30 years.
• Jessica Williams, MS, RD, Nutrition Services Director, Livingston Healthcare in Livingston, received the Emerging Dietetics Leader award. Ms. Williams has mentored Montana State University dietetic students and Montana Dietetic Internship interns. In addition, she has incorporated local foods and sustainable practices into the hospital food service.
• Brittney Turville, RD, Adjunct Professor, Montana State University College of Technology, Great Falls, was awarded Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year. Ms. Turville also is the Clinical Dietitian/Nutrition Services Manager at Park Place Health Care Center. She served on the Montana Dietetic Association’s Nominating Committee and has volunteered with health and nutrition projects.
• Melinda Sheppard, a senior nutrition student in the Didactic program at Montana State University in Bozeman, received Outstanding Dietetic Student recognition. Ms. Sheppard is a Certified Lactation Consultant. She has been a student member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, participated in afterschool nutrition programs, and was involved in the Senior Farmers’ Market.
For more information on the Montana Dietetic Association click HERE.
View a press release written by Katie Wichman about National Nutrition Month HERE.