Check out these Educational Opportunities!
SUMMIT TO END CHILDHOOD HUNGER IN MONTANA
“Build a Stronger Montana: End Childhood Hunger Statewide Summit”, sponsored by The Montana Partnership to End Childhood Hunger (MT-PECH)
September 23-24, 2013 in Bozeman, at Montana State University.
What makes this Summit EXCEPTIONAL…… This Summit will:
- Highlight the experiences hungry children deal with in the Montana
- Showcase the Best Practices that are working to help hungry children
- Demonstrate pathways to ending child hungry in the community
- Promote community groups to identify their own needs, provide tools and help them develop plans for implementation in their towns, cities and counties.
- Enhance networking between participants across social, cultural and economic borders
- Show the connection between children’s health and their futures as well as the economic viability of the state and communities.
We are asking you to be one of the participants in this groundbreaking event for the children of our state along with others from diverse locales and interests.
Currently, one in five Montana children struggle with hunger. Research has shown that the absence of childhood hunger is linked to children’s success in the classroom, overall health and well-being, stability of families, as well as self-sufficiency in their future.
Approximately 200-250 stakeholders from diverse public and private sectors will gather to learn about childhood hunger in Montana through preconference site visits, excellent presentations, networking, and round table discussions. An opening keynote will highlight the purpose of the Summit, provide background information about hunger in Montana and the United States, and motivate Summit participants to learn strategies to bring back to their own Montana communities.
Katie Bark, RD,LN, SNS, Project Director
Montana Team Nutrition Program
Montana State University, 202 Romney Gym
PO Box 173370, Bozeman, MT 59717-3370
(406) 994-5641; (406) 994-7300 – fax
CDR’s Preceptor Training Course ---it’s Free!
Participants can earn 8 CPEUs.
Go to CDR’s website for more information: http://cdrnet.org/news/online-dietetics-preceptor-training-course-free-of-charge
Continuing Education Opportunities: Let People Know!
Have You Heard About a Continuing Education Opportunity?
Other dietitians will be grateful to hear about opportunities for continuing education. Make your request HERE.
You might just be the hero of the day for someone in need of more education hours!